These 3 photos are believed to have been taken by Florence O'Neill, who taught at the Roman Catholic school in Lance Cove, Bell Island, in 1928-29. During her tenure, at the request of Company officials, she also taught an adult education literacy course for 40 miners. See a biography of her on the People page O-W.
The Beach, Bell Island, c.1928. Photo courtesy of Helen Woodrow.
Dominion West Track, c.1928
The bridge in the foreground is where The Old Front Road (now known as Nish Jackman Drive) crossed the ore-car track that ran from the Dominion Pier to No. 4 Mine.
The bridge in the middle distance is where Davidson Avenue crossed the track.
The road off to the right is Court House Hill.
Photo courtesy of Helen Woodrow.
Lance Cove, Bell Island, c.1928. Photo courtesy of Helen Woodrow.